Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beef Yakatori Skewers

I was picking up some food at Central Market the other day and I was browsing the pre-prepared food section and I noticed these cute little beef roll ups and I asked to taste one, I was sold! It was just a slice of beef with a green onion rolled up and skewered but it was a cool idea for an appetizer. Of course I immediately thought of how I could make them myself and ways make them better, so I tried it.  We went to a friends to watch the college games and we stopped at the store to get some goodies.  I asked the butcher to cut me some beef really thin and picked out a good teriyaki sauce. My favorite vegetable is asparagus so I thought it would be a good idea to roll some up in the meat before grilling it. Great Idea! Everyone enjoyed them and I think I will have to make it a gameday necessity.

Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yields 18 Pieces

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 LB Thinly Sliced Beef Tips
  • 1 Bunch Asparagus (Tips only)
  • 4 Green Onions (Cut into 2 inch pieces)
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 3 TBSP Teriyaki Sauce

PREPARATION:

Fire up the Grill.

Cut the beef lengthwise to make 1 1/2 inch beef strips.

Salt and Peeper the strips and place an asparagus tip and a green onion at the end and roll it up. Place it on the skewer and continue until all the beef is used. Using a basting brush, coat them with the teriyaki sauce.

Place them on a heated grill and cook until the meat is fully cooked (about 6-8 minutes per side).

TO SERVE:

Arrange the roll ups on a plate and ENJOY!!




SOME HELPFUL TIPS:
  • Dont put the skewers directly over the fire or else the asparagus will burn and it wont look pretty.
  • You can substitute the Teriyaki sauce with any of your favorite kind of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment